- This event has passed.
European Rally 2023: Grow-Eat-Repeat
30/07/2023 - 06/08/2023
Rural Youth Austria and Rural Youth Europe are happy to invite you to the European Rally 2023!
Taking place from the 31st July to 5th August (+travel days) at Bildungszentrum Ehrental, Klagenfurt, Austria under the Title “Grow-Eat-Repeat: Circular Economy of Food”
Rural Youth Europe and Rural Youth Austria warmly invite you to enjoy and explore the beauty of Carinthia, a federal state of Austria.
The European Rally in 2023 will focus on illustrating ways how we as rural youth can make our way of living more sustainable.
Aims & Objectives
- Develop awareness that the way we produce and consume food has a major impact on the future of our planet
- Gain knowledge and competences that are essential to ensure sustainable food choices
- Get an overview of circular economy of food
- Explore sustainable strategies of member organisations including sharing best practices (exchanging creative ideas, methods and activities) and get insights on regional food production, recycling, saving carbon dioxide etc.
- Develop awareness that policies as well as one’s own actions have an environmental impact
- Empower young people to develop, strengthen and support their local communities
- Recognize how an individual can support circular economies by themselves and in their organisations.
- Designing a booklet that serves to collect ideas and action plans and can be taken up by the partner organisations.
- You will meet many new people from all over Europe and find many new friends
- You will get a deeper understanding of sustainability and sustainable food choices
- You will gain new competences and will expand your comfort zone
- You will have a great time
The working methods will include interactive workshops and a series of study visits to explore different aspects of the theme. Sessions are based on non-formal education and will provide opportunities for participants to develop their skills and knowledge, as well as to share their experiences.
There will be a host family day towards the end of the week where you will spend a night and a day with locals to experience the rural lifestyle of Carinthia.
The Team leader must be aged over 18 and under 35 years and is accountable for all communication between the prep team and their national team before, during and after the Rally. Tasks of the Team Leader will include:
- Sharing email communication
- Taking care of team members and making sure everyone follows the behaviour guidelines
- Erasmus+ program evaluation
- Collect all original tickets, proof of payments and boarding passes of the team and submits them to the organisers in a timely manner
- Be aged over 18 and under 30 years
- Be active within their own youth organisation
- Be interested in topics like sustainability, food production and circular economy
- Be able to communicate in English
- Collect all original tickets, proof of payments and boarding passes to forward them to the team leader
For Team leader or organisation representative only:
Register your full team here: https://forms.gle/2aQCiWQnmsVPbCbr8
It is necessary to use this form. Other forms of registration will not be considered.
Deadline for the Registration is May 29th 2023.
All registered participants will receive a participant’s information package with more details about the week, links and contacts shortly after the deadline.
The participation fees are as follows:
- 320€ per participant for Band A countries (national GDP > EU GDP)
- 150€ per participant for Band B countries (national GDP ≤ EU GDP)
Registration fees will be invoiced to your organisation by the RYEurope Office following your registration.
Each organisation is responsible for booking tickets for their National Rally Team. Before purchasing the tickets, please contact the local Prep Team (see contact details) to check your travel plans. All travel invoices and schedules must be sent to the office e-mail by 30th June 2023.
Please consider environment friendly options when arranging your travel. Please see the next page for the address of the venue.
For teams which are travelling to Austria by plane, we advise flights to:
- Venezia Marco Polo Airport (VCE) and take a Flixbus to Klagenfurt
- Vienna Airport (VIE) and take a Flixbus or a train to Klagenfurt
- Salzburg (SZG) and take the train to Klagenfurt
- Ljubljana (LJU) and take the train to Klagenfurt
- Graz (GRZ) and take the train to Klagenfurt
- Klagenfurt (KLU)
Note that the airports which are closer to the venue are very small and the flights may be more expensive.
For travel by train or bus, head to ‘Klagenfurt (HBF)’ train station. The local team will pick up the participants at the station. The easiest way to book public transport in Austria is this webpage: www.oebb.at.
For teams travelling by car, please contact the Rural Youth Europe office or the local Prep Team in advance to check details for reimbursements. There is plenty of parking space at the venue.
Arrival: We ask that all participants arrive at the venue between 11am and 6pm on Sunday 30st of July 2023.
Departure: Please consider planning the return journey, starting from ‘Klagenfurt (HBF)’ train station, on Sunday 06th of August 2023, no later than 1pm.
Travel costs will be reimbursed according to the funding budget and varies from country to country (we hope to be able to reimburse up to at least 50% for team leaders and participants). Additional reimbursements will be paid out if the funding budgets allow.
Please note that travel reimbursements can only be paid on the following conditions:
- Cheapest option of travel is used (second class train, economy class flights etc.) and checked by the local Prep Team before booking
- The participants are following the Behavioral Guidelines and general Rally rules at all times
- All original tickets, proof of payments and boarding passes are submitted to Rural Youth Europe in a timely manner (see contact details on next page)
Please note that no travel reimbursement will be made unless ALL ORIGINAL travel documents are received by20th August 2023.
Ehrentaler Straße 119
9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
(open in Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/w7WsRmFz2icyVUQ8A)
Rural Youth Europe
00520 Helsinki, Finland
Local Prep Team:
General Rules are:
- Participants must attend the whole Rally program and be on time for workshops.
- Participants shall be inclusive and actively participate in the program.
- General communication language is English.
Due to uncertainties regarding the COVID19 pandemic, all participants need to follow the official Austrian regulations that are in place during the event.
The participants should inform themselves of the regulations in place in their home country, in Austria and applicable while travelling, before the event and contact the Rural Youth Europe Office if they face difficulties.
Most Information can be found here: https://www.sozialministerium.at/en/Coronavirus/Information-in-English.html
Possible expected restrictions will be summarised in the participant’s information package and the participants will be kept updated before the event.
Participants are asked to …
- prepare information on their favourite meal/snack in regards to packaging, origin, prize and whether it is a conventional or an organic meal/snack.
- gather successful local/regional circular initiatives from their country.
- gather local food and beverages to be shared at a sustainable international buffet.
More information on preparation required before the event will be included in the participant’s information package which will be circulated closer to the event.
Participants are required to have insurance that covers travel (including luggage), third party liability, health and accidents. All participants should bring a European Health Card.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing
- Traditional costume or formal clothing for the opening ceremony and closing dinner
- A flag from your country
- Personal hygiene items including soap, shower gel, towels, hairdryer etc.
- Bed sheets and cover
- Medicine and other personal items
- Food and drinks for the sustainable International Buffet.
- No cooking facilities will be available
- Please be mindful that we do not want a lot of food waste
- 1 laptop per team
- A small present for your host family during the home-stay
More details will be provided in the participant’s information package sent to each team member after registration.
If you have any further questions please contact Rural Youth Europe at email@example.com.