- This event has passed.
Study Session 2023: Respect & Resilience
April 24 - April 28
Rural Youth Europe (RYEurope) and the International Movement of Catholic Agricultural and Rural Youth (MIJARC Europe) in cooperation with the Council of Europe and the European Youth Center in Budapest (EYCB) are organizing the study session “Respect and Resilience – Strengthening Communities in the Face of Adversity”. The study session will give the opportunity to 35 young people from Council of Europe member states to address the impact of the current global crisis on mental health of rural young people by taking into account the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and the war in Ukraine and to help organisations deal with the engagement and well-being of their members. The session will provide the tools to understand our own mental health, how to ensure a positive and safe environment for volunteers in our organisations and how to use non formal education and participatory techniques to improve our own well-being and to increase the resilience of the clubs and organisations to help them improve the lives of young people.
The objectives of the study session are:
- The participants understand how important the right to assembly is and how it forms a fundamental part of participatory democracy.
- To provide the tools to understand our own mental health and that of others and to recognise when something is wrong or needs addressed.
- To provide the tools on a organisational level to improve resilience of the clubs, how to retain and engage volunteers and how to build a positive environment where young people can strive and come out of their shells.
- To raise awareness of the role of non-formal education in building and developing inclusive sustainable societies.
The study session will take place between Monday 24th of April until Friday 28th of April 2023 (travel days not included, participants will be expected to arrive on Sunday before the study session and depart on Saturday after the study session) in the European Youth Center in Budapest, Hungary. We are looking for 35 participants, mainly 18-30 years old (also participants older than 30 years old are welcome to apply). The working language will be English. There is a participation fee of 50 euros paid to the Council of Europe. All the costs for accommodation, food and traveling will be provided by the Council of Europe.
We are looking for enthusiastic young people who are:
- Between 18-30 years old (also applications from interested people older than 30 years old are welcome);
- Living in a Council of Europe member state (you can find the list here);
- Able to attend a 5-days-educational-activity in English;
- Respectful and eager to learn;
- Interested in the topics of the study session, to learn more and bring a change in your society.
You can apply by filling the form here by Sunday, 5th of March. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or clarifications.
Participants in need for a visa: If you would like to apply to the study session and will need a visa for Hungary to attend the activity, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please note that the visa will be provided only for the duration of the study session and all participants are expected to attend the full programme of the activity.