- This event has passed.
Study Session: Feed it Forward – Food as a human right
25/04/2022 - 30/04/2022
The aim of the study session is to explore with rural youth and young farmers the sustainability of the food system in terms of production and consumption of food and to reflect on the contradictions of our current food system.
- 1) Learn how food is a human right in terms of availability, access, adequacy and sustainability.
- 2) Learn to define sustainability in terms of economic, social and environmental dimensions.
- 3) Look at innovative ways to participate in the food systems and how to increase participation in the political processes involving food systems.
- 4) Look at the future of food for understanding its evolution and different scenarios.
The study session is facilitated by using non-formal educational methods, where participants will be actively participating in the sessions and discuss their views and experiences on the topic. The sessions include a variety of methods such as group work and visits of experts. During the study session, participants will compile a “European sustainable rural cookbook” that will reflect the understanding of food systems and sustainability learned during the session. This will be initially composed of recipes submitted from participants during the application process.
- Active members of Rural Youth Europe and CEJA, or their member organisation, but do not necessarily possess a leadership role or have a long experience in youth work;
- Interested in working on the study session’s aim and objectives;
- Motivated to develop knowledge and skills and to share experiences with other participants in an open-minded environment;
- Aged 18-30;
- Able to work in English;
- Able to attend for the full duration of the course.No previous international experience is needed for participation.Application process
Applications may be made through the following link:
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The call for participants will close on Tuesday 22nd March.
This study session is prepared as a joint collaboration between Rural Youth Europe (RYE), the European Council of Young Farmers (CEJA) and the Council of Europe at the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungary. The total of 31 places are shared by participants of RYE and CEJA. The preparatory team will select participants on the basis of the profile outlined above, ensuring a balanced group (gender, geographical regions, different types of experiences, cultural backgrounds and organisations).
➢ Please do not book your travel tickets before you received the official invitation from the Council of Europe.
- Covid-19 vaccination is not a requirement but is highly recommended.
- Participants should be aware of the Covid-19 regulations within their own country and the risks of traveling without vaccination. Selected participants will be updated on the Covid-19 precautionary measures by email and must agree to abide them.
- Applicants will be informed about the selection decision a week after the end of the call.
- Arrival in Budapest on Sunday 24th of April 2022 (preferable no later than 18:00). Departure on Saturday 30th of April 2022.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided and paid for by the Council of Europe at the European Youth Centre Budapest.
- Travel expenses are reimbursed 100% based on presentation of the relevant receipts according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Only participants who attend the entire study session can be reimbursed. More information about the travel conditions will be sent with the acceptance letter to participants.
- All participants will pay an enrolment fee of 50 euros to the Council of Europe. This amount will be deducted from travel reimbursement
- Travel costs are reimbursed during the session in cash or through a bank transfer (please note bank transfers will take up to 2 months).
- If you need a visa, please contact email@example.com
- Participants are responsible for arranging suitable insurance coverage (travel + medical, and in addition E111 for EU citizens) for themselves.