September 16 - September 23
Play your part!
– Strengthening urban and rural youth participation
The aim of this study session is to empower both urban and rural youth to strengthen youth participation in their communities.
The objectives are:
– To explore different forms, strengths and obstacles of youth participation in rural and urban areas, and identify the background of the differences
– To share experiences and good practice regarding how to overcome barriers of youth participation.
– To define the preconditions for youth participation and to assess the capacities rural and urban youth have for participation.
– To explore the Revised European Charter of the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life within the Human Rights framework defined by Council of Europe and how they can be used to promote youth participation
– To plan concrete actions for enhancing youth participation and removing barriers for participation of rural and urban youth
– To promote the importance of targeting a diversity of young people, including young people from disadvantaged backgrounds (e.g. through the Council of Europe “Enter” recommendations)
We are looking for participants who are:
– Active in their sending organisations but do not necessarily possess a leadership role or have a long experience in youth work,
– interested in working on the study session’s aim and objectives,
– motivated to develop your knowledge and skills and to share your experiences with other participants,
– at least 18 years of age, applicants under 30 years old are given priority
– able to communicate in English
– able to attend for the full duration of the course.
No previous international experience is needed for participation.
NB! All participants are expected to do a Local Study Visit before the Study Session. More information in the full call
– An enrolment fee of 50 euros should be paid by all participants to the Council of Europe. This amount will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed for travel expenses or paid at the European Youth Centre Budapest during the course.
– Travel expenses and visa fees are reimbursed to 100% based on presentation of the relevant receipts according to the rules of the Council of Europe.
Read the full call here
All candidates must apply using the online application form:
– Deadline for applications: 30th June 2018