Vacancy at Rural Youth Europe
Rural Youth Europe is recruiting a Secretary General. Work can be done remotely and does not require daily commuting to the office although regular travel to the RYEurope events might be required. The Secretary General is responsible for the daily running of Rural Youth Europe and reports to the Chairperson and board of RYEurope.
Rural Youth Europe is a European Non-Governmental Organisation whose aim is to unite rural youth organisations across Europe to promote rural development, environmental-friendly lifestyle, and youth participation. It is an umbrella for youth organizations working to promote and activate young people in the countryside. Today, 23 member organisations from 16 countries and more than 500,000 young people are part of Rural Youth Europe. RYEurope works to enhance the lives of rural young people by providing intercultural learning opportunities which encourage advocacy and respect for others. We have a board comprised of six rural youth leaders from around Europe, and currently one part-time employee.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Working together with the Board to ensure the day to day running of the organisation
- Managing finances (including but not limited to; monthly reporting to the board, annual accounts, internal and external audits, co-operation with accountant as required)
- European and National Funding applications and reporting in co-operation with office staff, the board, member and partner organisations
- Managing a number of staff including part-time employees and freelancers
- Prepare, organise, implement and follow-up European seminars, meetings, study sessions and exchanges virtually and in person in co-operation with hosting organisations
- Responsible for day to day running of the secretariat – highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to mitigate & resolve issues
- Building and maintaining relationships with similar organisations with similar objectives to Rural Youth Europe
- Ensure that Rural Youth Europe is represent with various partners Assisting facilitation of webinars and physical workshops at events where required
We are looking for a motivated applicant who has experience in the following areas (essential criteria):
- Experience in international youth work/NGO work and project management.
- Experience in funding applications and reporting
- Experience in managing finances of an international organisation
- Experience in managing staff and working with an international team
- Very good knowledge of English (both written and oral)
- Computer literate (including experience of Microsoft Office365)
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work occasionally during weekends and evenings
- Knowledge and experience of non-formal education
- Knowledge of governance and policy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work independently
- Willingness to support and work with a team of volunteers and employees
- Self-driven, sense of responsibility, good organisational skills
The ideal candidate will have excellent time management and organisational skills, able to work under pressure and willing to work with rural youth, volunteers, staff and experts from across Europe. You will be committed, motivated, driven and passionate about rural issues, intercultural exchange and non-formal education. You are able to communicate with grass root members as well as European institutions. You will have the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and delegate effectively. You will have a great understanding of accounts at all times and ensure the activities of Rural Youth Europe are in line with the annual budget. You will have the opportunity to facilitate webinars and workshops.
- Development opportunities through training and affording you the opportunity to travel
- The diversity of cultural and individual perspectives held by our office staff, the board, member and partner organisations and their dedication to inclusion – a collaborative team
- A challenging and rewarding role with responsibility in a unique international environment
- Full time permanent role with a competitive salary depending on experience
- Flexible working environment with flexible working hours in accordance to work with the needs of the organisation.
Applicants are asked to send a CV and motivation letter addressing the selection criteria by 5pm EET on 9th December 2022 to email@example.com. Any further questions can be sent to the same address.
Your application letter should also indicate your available starting date and an indication of your expected salary.
It is anticipated that Interviews will be held virtually on Week beginning 12th December 2022 Subject to change. Selected applicants will be called to interview. We reserve to close the call earlier if we find the right person for the post.