Vacancy at Rural Youth Europe
COCOREADO project manager
Rural Youth Europe is recruiting a new part time project manager to join our motivated team starting from January 2021. The position will be based at the organisation’s office in Helsinki, Finland but some of the work can be done remotely and does not necessarily require daily commuting to the office.
Rural Youth Europe is a European Non-Governmental Organisation for Rural Youth, an umbrella organisation for 22 organisations from 16 European countries. Our main focus is organising international events for multipliers in rural youth work. RYEurope works to enhance the lives of rural young people through providing intercultural learning opportunities which encourage advocacy and respect for others. We have a board comprised of seven rural youth leaders from around Europe, and currently two employees.
RYEurope offers a position for a project manager in a Horizon 2020 project on strengthening the position of the farmer – and especially young farmers – in the food supply chains, through innovation and co-creation.Farmers are most often price takers, with price being set by large operators, both upstream and downstream in the food chain. Simultaneously, there is a growing demand for quality food and a raising concern among consumers of how food is produced. Consumers increasingly search for food that is not only nutritious, but also produced in an environmentally friendly and fair way. Across Europe, one can observe an increase in good and inspiring practices that strengthen the position of the farmer. The project manager will be in charge of the implementation of the COCOREADO project, the project communication and development.
COCOREADO is a project designed to rebalance the position of the farmer as an individual actor, as a key player in innovative food supply chains and as a supplier for public procurement. RYEurope is a member of the project consortium consisting of 13 partners in total, the main coordinating institution being the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium. The project starts on the 1st of January 2021.
The core activities for the candidate concern communication, networking and organisation of knowledge transfer from science to practitioners:
- Communication of activities within COCOREADO project to both the network of RYEurope and the European stakeholders
- Organisation of workshops, both at the local level and at the European level
- Attending of project meetings, including meetings abroad
- Assisting the Secretary General and the Board with administrative tasks
- Cooperating with the RYEurope team to build connections with the project and our regular activities and events
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in agriculture, communication, education, NGO work or other relevant area
- Strong affinity with rural issues
- Interested to work in an international and multicultural environment around agriculture and food.
- Interest and/or experience in working in an international NGO
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written English
- Good networking skills
- Team player, able to work independently and respecting strict deadlines, inherent to European project work
- Ability to be flexible with work hours from time to time, and ability to join the team’s online meetings outside office hours
- A flexible 20 hours per week position in a unique international work environment
- An opportunity to be part of an active RYEurope team that is taking progressive steps to grow the organisation
- A dynamic COCOREADO project working environment consisting of motivated and competent researchers and engineers, where quality, professionalism, diversity and respect for social and cultural differences are among the basic values
- A work environment in which bridging research, project management, education and outreach is central
- A one year position that can be extended (up to 3,5 years) after positive evaluation. The project manager may be given opportunity to grow their area of responsibility with time and gained experience. The project manager will have a possibility to work more hours when the funding so allows. We wish the employee to join our team long-term, provided that future funding will be secured
You can apply for this vacancy up to and including 15th November 2020 by sending you CV, salary expectation and motivation letter to email@example.com. Any further questions can be sent to the same address.
Your application should indicate your available starting date. Selected applicants will be called to an interview, which will be held on 25th and 26th November in Helsinki.
Rural Youth Europe
Karjalankatu 2 A