- This event has passed.
“Rural up! The future of rural work and how to turn rural competences into business”
August 1 - August 6
Slovenian Rural Youth Association and Rural Youth Europe are happy to invite you to the first ever edition of online European Rally 2021, taking place from 1st to 6th of August under the title Rural up! The future of rural work and how to turn rural competencies into business.
We are living in times in which we have to be quick in thinking and very resistant and who is better at adapting and at being resistant than rural young people!
Rural areas are facing many challenges but they also carry a lot of opportunities. Young people in rural areas have a lot of skills and knowledge of how to use rural resources in a sustainable way, benefiting their personal and professional life and positively impacting the current and future rural communities and environment.
This year’s unique European Rally 2021 aims to bring together over 50 people from more than 9 Countries to develop their skills, knowledge and confidence, get inspired, share experiences and best practices, discover their competences, develop new ones and champion that rural areas offer a lot of opportunities for personal and professional development.
We warmly welcome young people from all Rural Youth Europe member organisations.
Why attend online Rally 2021?
- You will gain a deeper understanding of rural competencies, rural resources and the rural labour market.
- You will meet amazing people from different European countries.
- You will co-create the proposals about what kind of (rural) Europe you want to live in
- You will gain new competences that will help you in your personal and professional life
Our Aim is to empower rural young people to make them aware of the competences they have, the opportunities rural areas have to offer and the competences that can be developed through non formal education and participation in youth organisations.
- Be aged over 18 years.
- Be active within your own youth organisation.
- Be willing to work on topics that includes competences, resources, jobs, business, labour market and participate in discussions on the future of Europe.
Please contact your Member Organisation for details on how to put your name forward for this event.
Deadline for registration is July 19th 2021.
There is no participation fee. The project is funded by Erasmus +, Youth in Action programme through MOVIT, Slovenian National Agency for Erasmus + and European Solidarity Corps.
How will this Rally look?
For 6 days (from Sunday to Friday) we will be having a mixture of fun, inspiring and interesting online and offline activities. Each evening from 19.00 CET to 22.00 CET we will be having online activities and each day you will have some time to do different tasks to minimise screen time.
The working methods will include interactive workshops and a series of study visits to explore different aspects of the theme. Sessions are based on non-formal education and will provide opportunities for participants to develop their skills and knowledge as well as to share their experiences.
We encourage close cooperation within the national teams if that’s possible we also support that teams spend the week in the same place.
At the end of the event, each participant will get a certificate (Youth Pass) showing the knowledge and skills gained during the week.
The objectives of the project are:
- To prepare the foundations for an effective learning process for young rural people with regard to rural employment opportunities.
- To familiarise participants with the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda and the EU Youth Goals.
- Introduce participants to a shared understanding of rural realities regarding job opportunities.
- To familiarise the participants with the key concepts and definitions of quality employment and entrepreneurship.
- To provide participants with practical knowledge and experience in the sustainable use of rural resources.
- To create space for the development of quality and innovative jobs in rural areas.
Addressing key questions and issues:
- What are the key competences and skills of people for work/employment in rural areas?
- What are the possibilities for achieving quality conditions for the development and strengthening of rural work?
- The need to perceive and strengthen competencies (of us as individuals and as a members of the community).
- The need to promote the awareness of the importance of innovation and of preserving the tradition for sustainable rural development.
- The need to strengthen Europe’s rural identity and the importance of connecting within Europeans.
- Focus on key competences and skills for easier access to quality labour market in rural areas.
KEY concepts/topics to be tackled:
- Competencies of rural youth/ young people from the countryside.
- Opportunities that rural environment offers.
- Quality labour market in rural areas.
- Key competencies in the labour market.
- Key competencies in the future – future of work.
- Status quo of rural labour market.
- Fostering intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and solidarity within participants & local people.
Be part of the history and join us for the first ever online European Rally in 64 years of Rural Youth Europe’s existence.