Fun game to get the participants to run a bit.
- Choose a cat and a mouse.
- The rest of the group stands in 3 or 4 rows facing the same direction, arms held out.
- The cat has to catch the mouse by running in and out of the rows (they cannot go under the arms).
- The cat can clap whenever it likes to make the standers turn 90°, still in rows all facing the same way, so it can get to the mouse.
- The mouse can say “Piv, piv” when it wants the standers to turn.
- When the cat catches the mouse, different players are chosen to be cat and mouse.
- The game can also be played with the group of people standing in a circle.
Tips for facilitator
I have been playing this game since I was a child, at school, at 4H-meetings, at camp, etc. It was fun then, and it’s still fun today!