Rural Youth Europe is recruiting a new part time Administrator to join our motivated team starting as soon as possible from 5thof August 2019. The position will be based at the organisation’s office in Helsinki, Finland but some of the work can be done remotely and does not necessarily require daily commuting to the office.
Rural Youth Europe is a European Non-Governmental Organisation for Rural Youth, an umbrella organisation for 20 organisations from 18 European countries. Our main focus is organising international events for multipliers in rural youth work. RYEurope works to enhance the lives of rural young people through providing intercultural learning opportunities which encourage advocacy and respect for others. We have a board comprised of seven rural youth leaders from around Europe, and currently three employees. You can find further information about our organisation at www.ruralyoutheurope.com
A video about RYEurope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_mZvoui_Sg
Responsibilities and tasks
- Event related lists and travel documents in connection with funding reports
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into excel sheets
- Daily finances (invoices, reimbursements)
- Assisting the Secretary General and the Board with administrative tasks
- Supporting board with travel and accommodation arrangements
- Book keeping and paying salaries (if applicable)
- Good spoken and written English
- Detail oriented
- Prior administrative and/or finance-related experience
- A good eye for numbers
- Able to work independently and in international teams
- Self-driven, sense of responsibility and good organisational skills
- Able to work with Mac, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for daily tasks
- Ability to be flexible with work hours from time to time, and ability to join the team’s skype meetings outside office hours
- Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
We also appreciate:
- Experience in international NGO work
- IT experience and skills
- Prior knowledge of EU, CoE and other international funding schemes
- A youthful attitude and a high motivation to work for a youth NGO
- A flexible 20 hours per week position in a unique international work environment.
- Opportunity to be part of an active team that is taking progressive steps to grow the organisation
- A pro rata salary (20 hours per week) of between EUR 1000 and 1200 euros per month (according to experience and ability) and a 6-month contract according to Finnish labour laws, subject to a 3-month probationary period. The role will be reviewed after 6 months with the view to extending the contract. We wish the administrator to join our team long-term, provided that future funding will be secured.
Applicants are asked to send a CV and motivation letter addressing the selection criteria by 19th May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any further questions can be sent to the same address.
Your application should also indicate your available starting date.
Selected applicants will be called to interview, which will be held on 10thJune in Helsinki.
Rural Youth Europe
Karjalankatu 2A, 00520 Helsinki, Finland