Rural Youth Europe is recruiting a full-time Secretary General to start as soon as possible. The job is currently based in Helsinki, Finland but will be moved to another country dependant on the country of origin of the successful candidate. The office will be ideally located within the offices of one of our member organisations.
Rural Youth Europe is a European Non-Governmental Organisation for Rural Youth. We aim to educate and train young people and create an awareness of the issues of the countryside and to promote intercultural understanding. Our main activity is the organisation of international seminars for multipliers in rural youth work. Rural Youth Europe is the umbrella organisation for 26 organisations from 21 European countries.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Support the elected Board
- Prepare, organise, implement and follow-up European seminars and meetings in co-operation with hosting teams
- Grant management (writing applications and reports)
- Financial management (bookkeeping and budgeting)
- Communications (editing and layout of the e-newsletter, writing articles, editing seminar reports and other publications)
- Prepare, organise and report about statutory meetings
- Responsible for day to day running of the secretariat
- Communication with member organisations, partners, etc.
- Representation of the organisation
- Experience in international youth work/NGO work
- Very good knowledge of English (both written and oral) and preferably a good knowledge of German. Other language skills are an asset.
- Able to work with MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher), e-mail and internet
- Bookkeeping and budgeting experience
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work independently and in international teams
- Self-driven, sense of responsibility, good organisational skills
- Team worker
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work occasionally during weekends
- Knowledge of rural youth work and/or rural issues
A challenging job with a lot of responsibility in an international environment.
The contract will be for 40 hours per week or dependant on normal working hours of the country that the office is located in. There will be aprobationary period of 4 months or according to local labour laws.
Applicants are asked to send a CV and motivation letter addressing the selection criteria by 31 August 2012 to vacancy(at)ruralyoutheurope.com
Your application should also include your salary expectations and available starting date. The final salary and starting date will be negotiated with the Board and will be dependant on the country the Secretary General is located in.
For further information please contact the Vice-Chair, Kadri Toomingas at kadri.toomingas(at)ruralyoutheurope.com.
You can find information about the organisation at www.ruralyoutheurope.com.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 31 July 2012 10:12)