The Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development is calling for applications from NGOs active in the field of trade and agriculture in order to participate in the CAP "Advisory Group International Aspects of Agriculture".
The total number of observer seats to be allocated amongst NGOs is 60.
The Commission will take the following criteria into account when assessing applications:
- mandatory registration in the Transparency Register (http://europa.eu/transparency-register/index_en.htm). Please note that under the applicable rules NGOs that are not registered in the Transparency register are not eligible for selection.
- must be established either on a European level or on a world-wide level.
- proven competence and experience, including at European and/or international level, in areas relevant to trade aspects in agriculture, and / or proven competence and experience, including at European and/or international level, in areas relevant to development aspects in agriculture,
- the need to strike a balance within the group of NGOs in terms of representativeness of trade interests, development interests and other interests relevant to agriculture,
- any interests that the NGO has, which may prejudice its independence.
The applications must be sent by 9 December 2011 at the latest, to the attention of mikJ. P. Schoffer Petriček (email: Jan-Peter.Schoffer-Petricek(at)ec.europa.eu)
The Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development will select the NGOs participating in its civil society dialogue for the duration of the activity of the Advisory Group International Aspects of Agriculture. In 2012 there are three meetings planned, the firstbeing held on 30 January 2012 in Brussels.
Travel and subsistence expenses incurred by the observer participants in the activities of the group will not be reimbursed by the Commission, in accordance with the provisions in force at the Commission, nor will they receive any remuneration for their duties.
For further information: Mr. Jan Peter Schoffer Petriček; email: Jan-Peter.Schoffer-Petricek(at)ec.europa.eu; Telephone: +32 2 29 52970
More information: http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/consultations/advisory-groups/cap/index_en.htm
Last Updated (Wednesday, 30 November 2011 19:29)